Teacher Ambassador – Bentonville, Arkansas
The Truth about Trees Teacher Ambassador (TTTA) is responsible for advocating for and advising the North American Forest Foundation in a specific geographical area. This position will help raise funds for and promote the Truth about Trees Exhibit and Educational Teaching Kit. This is a temporary part-time position to coincide with the TAT exhibit dates in Bentonville, AR location. This position will run from May 1, 2019 – September 30th, 2019
The Teacher Ambassador is responsible for providing a sense of community and understanding of the TAT educational program and how it ties to the NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) or standards pertinent to the state the position is located in. The TTTA will serves as the primary point-of-contact for teachers in the district and state for information and outreach around the program.
- The TTTA will be the liaison to help NAFF reach teachers and promote the TAT program.
- Connect the program to all available communication outlets to reach the teacher population
- Work with the NAFF Exec Director on communication and promotional tools to help promote the program
- Seek opportunities to help fund the program through corporate or industry sponsorships
- Possibility of organizing and promoting a teacher and industry open house at the local exhibit
- Documentation of Key contacts including donors or significant contributors through our internal DMS program.
- Provide some Administrative responsibilities related to the position
- Attend and promote the teaching kit in any available teacher facing gatherings such as school principal meetings, counselor meetings etc.
- Compensation for this position can be paid monthly or by an end-of-project lump sum payment
Minimum Requirements for the position
- 5 to 7 years teaching experience in Elementary or Middle School Environment
- Current with popular technology ie; Word, Excel, and Social Media platforms such as – Facebook, Instagram, Emma or Constant Contact
- Not required but helpful if candidate had some experience or knowledge of working with non-profits.
How To Apply
Please send Resume to email@example.com
Please visit our website at www.northamericanforestfoundation.org to learn more